The development of the GRIPDROP COVER began with the desire to protect children's feet.
When you hear the words "protect children's feet," you usually think of shoes with high cushioning and support.
GRIPDROP believes that cushioning and supportive shoes weaken feet. However, it is not realistic to live in the modern world barefoot. Therefore, we aimed to create shoes that feel as close to barefoot as possible.
Of course, there is almost no cushioning. We have also removed as much support as possible, such as heel counters.
And just like barefoot, they have a 0mm drop (meaning the height difference between the heel and forefoot is 0mm).
Hallux valgus and spreadfoot start with "floating toes".
First of all, you should aim to firmly grasp the ground with all 10 toes.
GRIPDROP COVER feels like barefoot even when worn. These are shoes that makes it very easy to feel the sensation of catching the ground with your toes.
- All unnecessary things have been eliminated to achieve a feeling of being as close to barefoot as possible.
- The toe part is wide and toes can move freely, giving a barefoot feeling even when wearing shoes.
- Slip-on style with no laces. Even children can put them on by themselves.
- The upper is made of polyester yarn, which is durable and quick-drying. Good air permeability prevents stuffiness.
- Sewn without stitching and knitted 3D for an exquisite fit. Stress-free because there are no seams.
- The footwear opening is stretchable, making it both easy to put on and take off and reducing stress on the ankle.
- Manufactured by a long-established Tabi Shoes manufacturer that has been in business for over 100 years.
- The outsole is vibram MEGAGRIP, which provides high durability and excellent grip on both dry and wet terrain.
Walking, Light jogging, Daily wear such as commuting to work and school.
These shoes have a barefoot feel and the soles are quite thin. If you are not accustomed to this thinness, please start with a short period of time and gradually extend the time of use. If you are using them for jogging in particular, please start by walking to get used to them and run for no more than 10 minutes at a time. Once you have become accustomed to the thinness of the shoe, and with it the strength of your leg muscles, you will be able to run longer distances. If pain occurs, stop use immediately and resume use after the pain is gone. After resuming use, start again with a shorter period of time.
The insole is removable. If the size feels a little tight, or if you want a more barefoot-like feel, please remove the insole. The sole of the shoe is thin, so the temperature of the ground is transmitted directly to the insole. In this case, it is possible to replace the insoles with commercially available thermal insoles.
Use only tap water and wash by hand to remove dirt. If detergent is necessary to remove dirt, dilute delicate or hand-wash detergent with water and rinse thoroughly. Avoid high temperatures such as dryers, and dry in well-ventilated shade.
If the delivery address is outside of Japan, customs duties may be added to the total purchase price.
※The images are mainly of 25cm shoes.